An Equine Truism


Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trail Ride at Benbrook Lake

Yesterday was beautiful.  The weather was awesome and so a group of friends decided to go out the Benbrook Lake and trail ride.   When I got to the barn, Bailey was lame, I was so disappointed.  But quickly though of what other horse at the barn could I ride?   Impy was good on the trails for Deb, so I texted Deb and she said, "absolutely".    So off to get Impy (the hard to catch horse)  this only took about 5 minutes and he was coming to me.  A couple of lunge rounds, grab some tack (smaller girth for sure) and off to load in the trailer.  Impy decided he didn't like ramps or a straight load trailer.  With some small encouragement and help from Jan he was loaded and we were off only 30 minutes late for the meeting time.
Trails were awesome and he was the trooper, against motorcylces, bicycles, cars, model airplanes and plastic bags on the ground.  Nothing like a confident Western Please Show Horse for the trails.  
Thanks again for the ride Impy 

1 comment:

Jo H. said...

Impy seems so giddy sometimes, you'd never think he'd be unflappable! It's certainly good to know...cause he's cuter than a box full of buttons.